Join Orange Coast, The Mixing Glass and JVS Imports for an evening of whiskey tastings from the comfort of your own home! Interact and learn from international distilleries while enjoying a guided tasting experience by brand ambassadors.
Tour of Japan, Part 1: Ohishi Distillery
Ohishi Distillery was founded in 1872, located in the Southwest of Japan, in a beautifully mountainous and scenic countryside. Ohishi sits near the tiny village of Mizukami, and is the closest distillery to the source of the Kuma River, one of the fastest flowing rivers in all of Japan, renowned and prized for its superior water quality. Ohishi has been a family business for five generations, primarily known for its sake & shochu production. It is distilled entirely from rice and aged in either Brandy or Sherry Casks.
Date: Thursday, December 3, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm PST (approx. 60-90 mins)
Special Guest: Chris Uhde, Vice President of ImpEx Beverages and First Name in Los Angeles Whisky, LA Magazine
- Ohishi Sherry
- Ohishi Brandy cask 10yr
- Ohishi Mizunara 11yr
- Ohishi Port Cask
- Ohishi Islay Cask
Each ticket to the virtual tasting experience includes:
- 5 tasting samples (listed above). Bottles are 1 oz each.
- Zoom link via email to participate in the group tasting experience
- Special discount to The Mixing Glass in Costa Mesa
- Opportunity to win prizes during virtual event
Pick Up or Delivery: Begins Friday, December 11, 2020
- Educational samples will be available for PICK UP at The Mixing Glass SoCo at The Mix (3313 Hyland Ave. Suite A6 Costa Mesa, CA 92626) starting Friday, November 27, 2020 at 11:00 am PST until Thursday, December 3rd. The Mixing Glass is closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
- SHIPPING is available for Southern California participants for an additional $7. Orders must be made before Wednesday, December 2nd at 12:00 pm PST.
- We would love you participants to pick up at The Mixing Glass and support small businesses!
- If you have any issues with the above timing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced enrollment is required. Ticket sales will be closed when sold out or three days prior to scheduled tasting time. Limited tickets sold.
- Must be 21 & over to purchase a ticket and participate in virtual event.
- Details subject to change.